If you´re interested in the fields of marketing and event planning, then you may have heard of networking. For those of you who are a bit confused, networking consists of event attendance, meetings and conferences, etc., with the goal of expanding your professional network of contacts.
By networking, we can:
- Present ourselves to potential clients or consumers.
- Create closer ties with our clients.
- Pinpoint potential business opportunities.
- Expand our market.
- Introduce new products and services.
- Gain new corporate alliances.
- Get to know our rivals.
- Expand our knowledge of the current state of the market.
- Highlight our professional profile with regards to new opportunities.
These advantages make networking one of the main, if not the main tactic for attracting attendees and sponsors to an event, conference or meeting. Maximizing the development of our networking strategies could be the differentiating factor that would place our event in the spotlight.
As Wonnova can´t have it any other way, we propose the Gamification of networking as a differentiating strategy in event planning. As we are not the type who would try to convince you without reason, here are some examples of how Gamification can convert your event or meeting into a different and innovative business proposition.
- In all types of events, it´s common to have breaks or down time between conferences and presentations, etc., but you mustn´t forget about your attendees during these times. Encourage them to remain actively involved by using game mechanisms. Which ones? For example, you can give them points for scanning other attendees QR codes, a fun way of breaking the ice and developing relationships with new contacts.
- Create a gymkhana in which they participate in pairs, trios or groups and allow the attendees to decide who they would like to form an alliance with. Hide items or pieces of information around the facility for them to find, and give a special prize to the winner.
- If you organize any type of party or post-meeting reunion, encourage them to attend by offering a prize that is available only to those who show up. Give them points for checking in, organize group and individual activities and even do a gift raffle… This is what Gamification is all about – a wide range of possibilities!
The Spanish Association for the Direction and Development of Individuals, has entrusted us with the implementation of Gamification for their 48th International Congressional Meeting AEDIPE. Will you be next?
If you are interested in learning more, give us a call by accessing:
- Our contact page
- Our email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our telephone number: (+34) 686111636
P.S. As there are only a few days left until Santa arrives, it´s time to organize the company holiday dinners. Before you begin, we recommend that you visit our post ‘Gamification of company dinners: an opportunity to strengthen the company unity’. Bon Appétit!
Photo of Dave Fayram